Here is the assignment for the summer reading project in case you should need it. I look forward to seeing you soon.
Third Grade Summer Reading
In the third grade we believe that reading should also be included in everyone’s
summer plans. This packet includes important information about
the third grade required summer reading.
Please carefully read below to understand and be prepared for your
1. Required reading
Each student entering third grade is required to read one of the following books
and complete a poster (poster directions are located on next page).
1. How to Be Cool in the Third Grade By: Betsy Duffy
2. I Was a Third Grade Spy By: Mary Jane Auch
3. Flat Stanley By: Jeff Brown
4. Ramona Quimby, Age 8 By: Beverly Cleary
5. Good Grief, Third Grade By: Colleen McKenna
6. Horrible Harry Moves Up to Third Grade By: Suzy Kline
7. The Clue of the Left-Handed Envelope
(Third Grade Detectives Series) By:George E. Stanley
8. The Haunting of Grade Three By: Grace Maccarone
2. Read More
Students should also have opportunities to choose what they want to read as well.
Each student should complete the Summer Reading Recording Form. The Summer
Reading Recording Form is attached to the back of this packet.
The poster and reading form should be completed over the summer vacation
and returned to your child’s classroom teacher, September 3-5.
We hope that you have a wonderful summer vacation and look forward to hearing about
all of your wonderful summer reading books! See you in
~The Third Grade Teachers