Third Grade Summer Reading
1. Required Reading
Each student entering third grade is required to read one of the following books and complete a poster (poster directions are listed below).
1. How to Be Cool in the Third Grade By: Betsy Duffy
2. I Was a Third Grade Spy By: Mary Jane Auch
3. Flat Stanley By: Jeff Brown
4. Ramona Quimby, Age 8 By: Beverly Cleary
5. Good Grief, Third Grade By: Colleen McKenna
6. Horrible Harry Moves Up to Third Grade By: Suzy Kline
7. The Clue of the Left-Handed Envelope By: George E. Stanley
8. The Haunting of Grade Three By: Grace Maccarone
2. Read More
Students should also have opportunities to choose what they want to read as well. Each student should complete the Summer Reading Recording Form.
The poster and reading form should be completed and returned to your child's teacher by Friday, September 6th.
- Choose and read 1 book from the required reading list.
- Make a poster (approximately 8 1/2 X 11 - the size of a regular piece of paper). Include in the poster the following:
*Title & Author of Book
*Illustration of your favorite part of the
*A few sentences telling us what is
happening in your illustration
*Your name clearly written on the back
- Please write clearly and neatly and remember to add details to your illustrations. Posters will be placed on display for the class.